openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Bugzilla
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 14:19:54 GMT
Waiting for an apology that's never going to come is not going to help.

Meh had some misstatements of fact, but the description of other projects was interesting.
I don't care to correct the misstatements.

We have work to do here. Onward!

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 21, 2017, at 10:07 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
>

>> From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
>
>> Reread what Simon wrote. Key phrase is those who work on both.
>>
>> Also IBM as a company left the project 2.5 years ago and Rob
>> left a year ago.
>
> Have the TDF members ever apologized for their insults to Rob (and other Apache members)?
> Has the TDF ever criticized those who spread FUD over AOO?
>
>> In this case it is not helpful to reopen
>> these hurts and past issues.
>
> I think that LO and AOO are two independent projects and that both have their right to
existence.

> Some LO members, on the other hand, think it should only be LO, and that LO is the successor
to OOo. We can not accept this because the truth is the OpenOffice is the original and LO
is the fork.

> What does TDF do? Where does it call for reconciliation? Where does it criticize its
own community members to spread FUD?