openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice NG
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:46:10 GMT
> From: Dr. Michael Stehmann [mailto:anwalt@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de]

> > In this case, I say: I need, even in the future, a
> _desktop_ office. For me this
> > is a question of security, because in today's reality, the
> cloud is only safe
> > until the next hacker attack.
> >
> "There is no cloud, just other people's computers."
>
> But if you put your own cloud on your own computers, you can enjoy the
> advantages of a cloud without facing the drawbacks.

Yes, I can do it, but it does not give me any advantage over a classic desktop
office.

Note: under a cloud office I understand an Office running in the browser, a normal
Desktop Office, installed in the LAN(*), is for me not a cloud office.

(*)
in the case of OO that means a "server installation" with: setup.exe /a

Jörg