openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: trying to acquire Open Office.
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 15:43:16 GMT
Am 07.04.2017 um 17:10 schrieb toki:
> On 04/07/2017 01:00 AM, Sherry Sylvain wrote:
>> You web site and download guidelines are so "technical" and convoluted, I can't figure
out what you're offering or who I get it.

> As the first line says: "Select your operating system, language, and
> version".
>
> How can that be further simplified, without eliminating the options that
> are offered?
>
> The simple thing is to only offer Version 4.1.3 Linux (x86-64) (DEB)
> with Basque UI version, on the basis that Linux (x86-64) (DEB) is the
> most stable operating system out there, Basque, being the only language
> that has been continually used for more than ten thousand years, is
> obviously the dominant language, used by more people, than its
> competitors, the oldest of which is only 5.000 years old, and Version
> 4.1.3 because everybody obviously wants the latest, and greatest version
> of the program, even if it won't run on their system.

I've have no real idea what is not clear enough you can expect when you
choose another option or click on each button.

A little thought. For me it seems she is no native speaker. So, maybe
she is looking for a suitable version in her language but has found only
the download webpage in English.

I don't know, just a thought.

Otherwise you are right. It's not possible to make it more simpler
without to lose valuable data for your choice.

Marcus