openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Raphael Bircher" <rbircherapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Windows builds
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 07:53:01 GMT
Hi Andrea

Am .03.2017, 08:23 Uhr, schrieb Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>:

> Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> So this means, the buildbot is completely unusable for the 4.1.4 branch.
>
> We never used a buildbot for building releases.
>
> That said, I'm not actually sure about the version of Visual Studio that
> can work for building on Windows. It would help if someone can tell
> Infra.
It's Visual Studio 08. But Infra is not willing to install such old
version on a new VM. But to be honest, we have to move forward anyway. We
can't stick with VS 2008 much longer.

The reason for the first build breaker is probably just, that the
configure can't get the version number of the MSVC. I did some analyses,
but to dig deeper, I have to install VS 2015 on my own computer.

Regards, Raphael