openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Templates Site "Access Denied"
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:25:31 GMT
On 3/5/17 4:38 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

> <mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de>>:
>
>     Am 03.03.2017 <tel:03.03.2017> um 00:43 schrieb Dave Brondsema:
>
>         A few bits I missed addressing on my prior email:
>
>                         I have been able to reproduce the error simply by
>                         visiting the site and
>                         clicking on the name of any template, using an incognito
>                         Chrome window on
>                         ChromeOS to ensure there are no statefulness issues.
>

>         I can't reproduce it like that.  The example link errors out, but all the
>         templates I find just browsing around work.
>
>                         I've no access to the site so can't investigate further.
>                         Can someone with
>                         admin rights investigate please?
>

>                     as you know for sure we also have no access to any webpages
>                     that are
>                     hosted by Sourceforge. So, we cannot do anything here.
>
>                     I don't know if somebody ping'ed already Sourceforge about
>                     this problem.
>                     But I'll do it here again.
>

>         This community should have access and should be able to maintain the site.
>         SourceForge users "aooadmin" and "ipv6guru" are admins of the
>         https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/
>         <https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/> project which
>         corresponds to the
>         templates.openoffice.org <http://templates.openoffice.org> site.  Others
>         can be added (ideally by those 2 users,
>         so we at SourceForge don't have verify identities).  Documentation for web
>         hosting is at
>         https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Project%20Web%20Services/
>         <https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Project%20Web%20Services/>
and
>         believe should work fine for the templates site, although we have made a few
>         specific customizations compared to regular SourceForge project web hosting.
>         Same goes for aoo-extensions.
>

>     OK, but I've no idea what to do to check and fix such erros? I think we
>     still need some help in this case.
>

> Dave as you know in past we got that stuff done by a contractor, as you probably
> remember it's a Drupal application and the community seems to lack the necessary
> expertise.
> If you have access to internal skilled resources it would be great if
> SourceForge could provide help with that, as you can see we're kind of stuck atm.

Yeah, I will see if there's anyone here that can help out.  It might not happen
very quickly though, and in general we support just the hosting and not the
Drupal/PHP code.  But we want OpenOffice to keep on doing great, so I'll see if
we can provide any extra help.

Who has an admin login to the templates site?  I think adding more admins is the
first step, so people can try to check the permissions & metadata on the bad
template entries.

Once someone starts to dig into the code, my general debugging approach would be
to grep the codebase for "Access Denied" and "If you were looking for a
Template, this means it is no longer available." etc to see what triggers that
error message.  I also wonder if the codebase is in git anywhere?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal