openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please someone release 4.2.0 (or something else ...)
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:56:12 GMT
On 12/03/2017 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> It seems like the imminent release of 4.1.4 got stuck and it is not
> clear if it will happen or when. Sadly, I don't really see anything
> interesting that 4.1.4 will add to 4.1.3.

Yes, it seems stuck indeed. I expected Ariel to target mid-February for
the release. I can still help building on Linux. 4.1.4 was (still is)
supposed to be a maintenance release just to push some bugfixes for 4.1.3.

> Can you please reconsider releasing 4.2.0?

Nothing forbids to plan for 4.2.0 already now. We don't need to release
4.1.4 before thinking about 4.2.0. If someone is available to be a
Release Manager for 4.2.0, things can go on in parallel. I honestly
think we will want to "release" (in the sense of making available
somehow) a beta of 4.2.0 too, so work in that direction can start
already now.

Regards,
   Andrea.