openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updated the English dictionaries - 2017-03-01
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 14:58:13 GMT
On 01/03/2017 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Apart from Marcos problem, I see that the german dictionary was updated:
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/german-de-de-frami-dictionaries
> But when I search via extension manager in AOO it is not found

Both behaviors are simply a matter of waiting:

1. Shortly after uploading a new extension, "File not found" will be
returned while the mirror network is updated. It happens the same when
one of us (I did this for 4.1.2 and possibly 4.1.3 too) uploads a new
release to SourceForge: we normally allow some hours after the upload
for the mirrors be be aligned. And then the "File not found" error
disappears.

2. For the same reason, and also to avoid that users continuously
receive notifications about dictionary updates, the extension updates
are not notified in real time; there is a mechanism that aggregates them
regularly (maybe 1-2 times a month). So it is normal that if you
manually check for updates you won't see the update available until the
mechanism runs again.

Regards,
   Andrea.