openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jjmeric <jjme...@free.fr>
Subject N'ko in the list of complex scripts ?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:42:48 GMT
Hello everybody !

I am currently about to release a spell-checker for Maninka (a West
African language, mainly spoken in Guinea).
This language is written in the N'ko script, a Right-to-left language
like Arabic and others. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%27Ko_alphabet

This requires two things:

1) the script should be listed in the list of Complex scripts
(Linguistic options/Language) alongside Hindi, Arabic, etc.
- a similar list is displayed in Format/character for "complex script
font / language"
I have the same requirement for Libre Office.

2) the value "nqo-GN" (official for N'ko) should be accepted as a Locale
in the spell-checker's dictionaries.xcu file
     <prop oor:name="Locales" oor:type="oor:string-list">
        <value>nqo-GN</value>
     </prop>
NOTE :
this works well in Libre Office, I mean : it is displayed as "N'ko" in
the list of Languages for choice in Format/character for complex
scripts, and it has the spellcheck green "checked" icon.

This is the desired behavior, it does not work currently in Open Office
4.1.3.
However, if I pretend my spell checker is for ar-SA (Arabic (Saudi
Arabia), it will display the green "checked" icon, and work properly as
a N'ko spellchecker. However this is very bad diplomacy...

What is the process to get this acted upon ? Possibly this is not the
right place to post...
Anything I can do to help, I will, of course!

Thanks for help & advice.