openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: trying to get a template from the page...
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 08:58:30 GMT

> From: toki [mailto:toki.kantoor@gmail.com]

> >> Please go to
> >> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/
> >> and say, which templates you can download.
> >
> > This is meant as a joke?
>
> Regardless, what would be useful, would be a review of each of those
> templates.

No, because it is unrealistic to want to control 15,000 templates.
Similarly, I do not think it is a normal way, because the originals should be checked and
kept up-to-date by their authors.

The discussion also points in the wrong direction, because there are _technical_ problems
with the templates website. These problems must be eliminated and not the templates themselves
should be checked.

(OK, even the templates themselves have to be checked, but this is a permanent process and
this should be done by the authors of the templates.)

Jörg