openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Röllig <mroellig.n...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: recently opened files change max entries
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:11:06 GMT
Hello Peter!

> Thanks for your Brainstorm.
> I checked and if you select an Open Document option, and start to type a
> recent document its already autocompleting.

Yes. But this autocompleteing works at your file system (this is good!)
but not for the history.

> You are suggesting to replace it with a dropdown that shows a filtered
> recent Document list?
> Is this what you are suggesting?

Not really. In a Linux/Unix system a path always begins with / (in
Windows with <letter>:\).
So my proposal is:

1. The behaviour of now (leave it unchanged):¹
If one type the beginning of a path → autocompletion.
Please consider that you can change the offer with cursor up/down.
with »ocuments« highlighted. Press [↓] it will change to
dropdown list with the matching paths/filenames.
Select the desired folder with [↓]/[↑] and press [→]. Repeat until you
have selected the right file and press [Enter].

2.  Additional(!) behaviour (wish):
If one type the beginning of a filename (without any path
identification) /then/ there should open a dropdown with the matching
/filenames/ from the history.
Example: If you write »m« open a list with
|<path1>/minions.odt
|<path1>/minions2.ods
|<path2>/my file1.odt
|[…] aso.
With the next letter the search will refined.
With [↓]/[↑] one can go through the list and press [Enter] for the
selected entry. Or simply click on it with the mouse cursor.

Number 1 works (as I know) only for the file system.
Number 2 respects all protocols (http, ftp, …) you have used and which
are in the history.

Regards, Mathias
¹ At the moment there seems to be a bug.
If one types the beginning of a path and one afterward delete this
input, the history doesn't come back – there stays the list with the
matching paths/files.