openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <legi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help with ASF's,Apple developer account
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 20:35:25 GMT
On 28.10.2016 20:45, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hello Peter,
Hello Ariel,

> This does not seem to be the first priority for delivering a signed
> macOS application, I can think of:
>
> 1) do you have a Mac?
I own a Macbook Air model 2009. Today its a Mac OO QA instance, when I
find the time for this activity. I do not use it for anything else.
> 2) do you build AOO in a Mac?
I currently try to build AOO on Linux. Since I believe it is easier then
to fight with the Apple rubbish at the same time. But when I can build
OO on Linux, I will try to build on Mac and Windows.
Currently I have problems with building OO at all. But I learn a lot
about the build infrastructure. (You always learn when things are not
working. My gentoo experience ;) )
> 3) do you know the AOO source code and build environment enough to
>     integrate as a part of the build process the signing workflow
>     currently supported by the ASF?

3)
3.1) I think basic understanding of the Code and Architecture of OO. It
is sufficient to understand where I am stuck and to find ressources on
the topic.
3.2) I have a rough understanding how the build Process works. I am
still trying to understand it thought. It is not enough to successfully
build at the moment however.
3.3) No I have no clue on what it takes to integrate the signing Process.
> These prerequisites are not trivial, our build process is already too
> cumbersome to make integrating
> https://reference.apache.org/pmc/codesigning appear as something
> trivial.

That sounds like we need a different build process first :/  - Well, No
Problem. I was thinking the same today. ;P
However I think that stuffing something at the end, is pretty trivial,
compared to stuffing something at the beginning. But as I said above I
have no clue. Maybe I am a bit naive here. Currently I try to work
around something in the Middle. Most interesting and difficult. Sadly I
do not have so much time as I want to.
Maybe I am worse volunteer developer you have in the community. But I do
belive, I am still better then Mr. "no body". =D

All the best
Peter