openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Writing up the release process
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:49:16 GMT
First, congratulations to everyone on releasing 4.1.3. If this were a
conventional, co-located project I'd like to take you all out for a
drink after work.

Now back to work :-)

At this moment, I hope everyone remembers exactly what they did, what
karma and tools they used, to make the release happen. I would like to
get that written up now, before steps get forgotten. That way, future
release managers will be not be as helpless and confused as I was.

I'm thinking of creating "How to cook a release" as a child page under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Releases, but given
my inability to delete pages I would like to get opinions first.

My general idea is to keep it initially free-form. Just add what you
did, and how you did it, before you forget anything. I can organize it
later, or maybe a technical writer will organize it?

We can use the 4.1.4 release to verify and fix any omissions in the recipe.