openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Signature verification for 4.1.3-RC1
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2016 17:12:12 GMT
We should ensure that AOO people join the keysignings @ ApacheCon
> On Oct 8, 2016, at 9:08 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> This is not a blocker for the release (and moreover signature files are explicitly allowed
to be updated during the release vote if needed), but I couldn't verify signatures in a straightforward
way for source packages.

> One of the signatures is mine; no problem with that, and that itself is enough to prove
integrity for release approval purposes.

> Patricia's one, according to my GPG, is done with a key having a short ID of 02703386;
I couldn't find the public key in the usual places, so I couldn't verify this one.

> Again, this is not a blocker issue since one key is enough, but public keys used for
signing releases are expected to be found at:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/KEYS
> or (secondary resource) at
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/
>
> The former contains my key and another key by Patricia (short ID A57935C5); the latter
contains the same key by Patricia - it doesn't contain mine since I never bothered uploading
it again to enforce the long IDs and I now see that someone decided to remove the keys that
only had a short ID, I'll fix it later today.

> Where can I find the matching public key by Patricia? It should be added in SVN to
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openoffice/KEYS
> which (I believe) maps to the first URL I listed. There is surely a way to do it without
a full checkout, but I didn't check details.