openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Stuff for 4.2.0
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:45:47 GMT
One of the things I'd like to work on in 4.2.x is some cleanups
of the build system; I know there's already a page on it
(https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_System_Improvements)
but my main goals are to (1) better handle OSX/MacOS and
(2) get rid of the shell environment pollution required
(at least as much as possible)... IMO, bootstrap should
setup the aliases and download the required files and there
should be no real reason to source *Env.Set.sh for any platform.

My thoughts were to update build.pl to (via BEGIN) slurp in
*Env.Set.sh and set %ENV, keeping the environment stuff in
there.