openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing 4.1.3 - source builds
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 20:20:34 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I have built and run from the zip. I have also decompressed and
> extracted each of the tarballs, and used "diff -r" to confirm they are
> each identical to the zip. I do plan to do the signature and hash checks
> for each of the three files.

You may want to add your own signature to the .asc files, concatenating
it as Dennis suggested. As release documentation explains, this can also
be done at voting time, but it's good to keep files unchanged during the
vote.

If you do so, just remember to use
$ svn propset svn:mime-type text/plain *.asc *.md5 *.sha256
(in your case, *.asc will actually be enough) before commit to address
the binary vs text issue noted by Marcus.

Regards,
   Andrea.