openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Testing 4.1.3 - source builds
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 22:30:22 GMT
Am 10/03/2016 11:26 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> On 10/3/2016 2:02 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Marcus wrote:
>>> wow, *all signed source code packages* ?
>>
>> I assume that this does not literally mean that you must test the .bz2,
>> the .gz and the .zip. They are equivalent. This sentence is for when a
>> project makes a release composed of different parts. For the record,
>> trunk is already set to avoid duplication of packages, but AOO413 still
>> uses the old convention of 3 source packages. (If it helps, I've used
>> the .bz2 for my tests!).
>
> For my testing, I'm assuming that it is enough to be sure a package is
> identical to one I've tested. In particular, the .bz2 and .gz decompress
> to the same .tar file, so I don't even plan to extract one of the tar
> files for further checks.

ah, great hint.

I've uncompressed all 3 files, diff'ed the .tar.bz2 and .tar.gz files,
and finally uncompressed all files until the actual dirs/files. All 3
dirs had the same total file size of 1,541,414,704 bytes. This has to be
enough when it comes to "you have to check all source files".

Tomorrow I'll build the release from a package file.

@Andrea:
Can you please check the
"apache-openoffice-4.1.3-r1761381-src.tar.gz.sha256" file? It's in
binary mode and not useable for checksum comparsion.

Marcus