openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Which source files in release?
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 12:43:02 GMT
On 10/1/2016 4:38 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 04:34:48PM +1000, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> Instead of removing the .svn dirs/files with a script, use the built in  'svn export'
which exports the
>> checkout without all the .svn dirs/files.
>>
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.export.html
>
> I guess that they didn't use svn export before because that will export the
> external sources in ext_sources/, I'm not sure if there is a way to tell svn
> export to ignore tracked folders.

My initial intuition on this, subject to being overridden by my own or
others actual experience, is in favor of a simple shell script with no
dependencies.

The idea is to start from a clean check-out, not configured, move the
LICENSE, NOTICE, and README files, and delete what is not needed. "what
is not needed" should be a relatively short list, including the .svn
files and also ext_sources.

The find-rm line that deletes the .svn files will work without errors,
but do nothing, if there are no .svn directories.

The result will be the content to be archived to make the source files.

I feel this will be more robust than the current approach, which couples
the source release process to the effects of configure on each target
system.