openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Writer
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 20:47:06 GMT
On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:25:17 +0000 (UTC)
"J. Carberry" <jimmycarberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear Apache, I am a long term user of Open Office word processing software. ( Open
Office 4 Text Document ).Thank you for this tool. However, I am afraid I am having difficulty
with- I want  to write text in two adjacent columns . I choose COLUMN from FORMAT in the
menu. I get a dividing line on the page suggesting two columns. However I am unable to enter
text into the right hand column. Can you please help? Thank youYoursJim Carberry

If your left column is filled the cursor will automatically jump to the right column. If you
are only using part of the left column, to move the entry point from one column to the next
(on the right) you must /Insert /Manual break /Column break.

If you wish to align entries in the left column with those in the right column, columns are
not the way to go.  Use a two column table and enter the matching data in the cells of the
rows.  You can configure the table to hide the row lines.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>