openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What Would OpenOffice Retirement Involve? (long)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 07:43:16 GMT
Hello,

the situation as I see it (I am no developer) is, that we need
"developers, developers, developers, developers ... ".

So why not "going public" and ask the Free Software community for help?

That means to illustrate, why AOO is important for the progress of Free
Software, and to describe our present situation and the benefits of
helping us.

But there are IMO some conditions, we have to set before going public:

1. We need a contact person for volunteers and also for enterprises,
which wants to collaborate with us.

2. We need mentors for newbies.

IMO we have to start such a campaign in 2016.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards
Michael