openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What Would OpenOffice Retirement Involve? (long)
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 00:37:53 GMT
On 02/09/2016 20:12, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I disagree with consumer vs corporate. Individuals have benefited greatly from all of
the free projects like HTTPD,

HTTPD is a Daemon, run for websites --- corporate, not individuals.

>tomcat,

Web server. Again, corporate, not individuals.

>poi

This is a set of Java Libraries. Again corporate, not individuals

>Tika,

Content detection software. Again corporate, not individuals

>Solr,
Enterprise search platform. Again, corporate not individuals

>Lucene,

Information retrieval software library.  Again, corporate not individuals.

> We are striving to be a community and not a marriage. The bar to enter or exit a community
is much different.

The problem with parables, as that the audience more often that not
fails to understand their meaning.

jonathon