openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What Would OpenOffice Retirement Involve? (long)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 19:33:04 GMT
Le 07/09/2016 à 16:55, Dennis E. Hamilton a écrit :
> 3. I suspect that discussions about available software alternatives would arise on users@oo.a.o
and particularly on the Community Forums. That would happen naturally without requiring the
project to take any positions or provide any kind of exclusivity of one provider over others.

I was rather surprised but there has been almost no question from users about that.
We opened a discussion (as already linked) in the EN forum and mainly power users posted.
Too early to conclude if forum users are not aware yet or just don't care.
Very few messages on the users ML also for an alternative.

The wiki page is a great idea so that this discussion can slowly die and the energies can
be focused on more efficient matters.

Anyway, even if the topic raised fears, if the outcome is a quick new release as it seems
the case, it will prove that all those who propagated FUD were wrong. It may give AOO some
visibility again (and new contributors). So in the end, not that bad.

Hagar