openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: What would OpenOffice NON-retirement involve?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 14:00:37 GMT
On 9/3/2016 2:07 AM, Marcus wrote:
> Am 09/03/2016 09:47 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>> Thanks. I've already filed the request to create the list. Once that
>> happens I'll see about adding you to the moderators.
>
> that's the problem of time zones: You are always late when others have
> already answered. ;-) So, if you need another moderator or want to
> exchange one, then I would help.

It is more a consequence of my sense of urgency. I feel that the best
way to deal with the "shutdown AOO" movement is to push the "AOO needs
developers" message as immediately and strongly as possible.

Normally, I would have waited a few days for the moderator list to
settle before filing the mailing list creation request, making time
zones irrelevant.