openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Releasing OpenOffice 4.1.3 (reopening the AOO410 branch)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 13:09:34 GMT
On 9/8/2016 6:04 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> On Sep 7, 2016, at 6:40 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Recent events make it clear we will have to release OpenOffice 4.1.3 sooner or later,
with some duplication of work with respect to 4.1.2-patch1 but with more clarity for those
who couldn't see that we made a release last month.

>> I'll thus consider the AOO410 branch to be open again for the needed structural fixes,
like version numbering and similar. And I can take care of fixing version numbers as I already
did for 4.1.2.

> We should likely make some sort of public notice that work on 4.1.3
> in effort for a release is in the works, to sooth and reassure our
> user community.

I would like to get an idea how soon we can release 4.1.3 first. If we
keep it simple, we may be able to aim earlier.