openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: What would OpenOffice NON-retirement involve?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 17:09:37 GMT
I looked at some of those services a few weeks ago. For the ones I
found, the relatively inexpensive options did not have the capability of
building software, let alone the capacity for build a substantial body
of software. The options with the capability and capacity would cost
more than a Mac Mini over a few months.

For example, for macincloud we would need the "Dedicated Server" plan
($49+) with added "Optional Build Server Plan". Even their maximum
upgrade of 250 GB would not be enough for AOO building.

The conclusion I reached was that if I were going to do any Mac
development it would take less of my time and energy to buy one of the
more powerful Macs and manage it directly.