openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What Would OpenOffice Retirement Involve? (long)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 13:48:49 GMT
> From: Dr. Michael Stehmann [mailto:anwalt@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de]

> Patricia, we are still discussing. We are balancing reasons,
> advantages
> and disadvantages, for different solutions. There is no decision made.
>
> And more and more I believe, it was a good idea to start that
> discussion
> on a public list. So everything is transparent.
>
> I like the debian Social Contract and point 3 is:
>
> "We will not hide problems"

This is a reasonable approach for a project which is surrounded by friends.

It is not necessarily a good concept for a project that has been cleaved by third
parties and whose aim is to destroy it. When the TDF had only had the intention to
make OpenOffice independent of Oracle, they would never have attacked AOO.

Greetings,
Jörg