openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Releasing OpenOffice 4.1.3 (reopening the AOO410 branch)
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 21:54:30 GMT
On 9/10/2016 2:49 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> Tags:-
>> .. <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/>
>> AOO340/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO340/>
>> AOO341/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO341/>
>> AOO400/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO400/>
>> AOO401/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO401/>
>> AOO410/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO410/>
>> AOO410_Beta/
>> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO410_Beta/>
>> AOO411/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO411/>
>> AOO412/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO412/>
>> AOO4121/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO4121/>
>> SNAPSHOT/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/SNAPSHOT/>
>
> The convention is indeed that AOO410 (the branch) actually stands for
> AOO41X (i.e., all 4.1.x releases). One may find it stupid (and I agree
> this is to be changed), but this is the consistent behavior the project
> adopted so far.
>
> This also explains why I believe that someone might be tracking AOO410
> (the branch) to see new commits pertinent to the 4.1.x series.
>
> SNAPSHOT instead is a moveable tag, moved to reflect something we base
> developer snapshots on.

I'm going to wait a few hours to see if someone claims to depend on us
not changing the branch. Absent a specific issue, I plan to create a
4.1.3 branch, and expect the, not yet selected, 4.1.4 Release Manager to
create a branch for it.

Meanwhile, creating bugzilla items and making "release blocker" requests
should continue.