openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Consolidating all the build guides
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 21:17:28 GMT
Am 09/08/2016 12:31 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Marcus wrote:
>> As I have now some experience on building OpenOffice, I've also seen
>> that there are alot of wikipages that describe to some degree of detail
>> how to build.
>
> The most important fix would be to annotate all outdated ones properly.
> Search engines apparently love our outdated content and we've seen
> examples on this list recently too.
>
>> I would like to consolidate them into a one or maybe very few:
>> 1. Search for everything that's available.
>> 2. Cluster the pages that are duplicates or similar.
>> 3. Combine the content with moving, merging, rearranging, deleting.
>> 4. Finally, we have one or a few references everyone can save as
>> browser bookmarks.
>
> The only browser bookmark should be
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
> and the rest should be easily reachable from there.

that's a good point that I will following in any case. Just a single
link to bookmark.

>> It's really hidden in a good way as I havn't found it again. Where are
>> the configure options for the official releases we have done so far?
>
> I've apparently hidden it very well! I had to send the link a dozen
> times to this list. Here it is again:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/
>
> (it's best to use it as a link in the build-related wiki pages).

OK

FYI:
At the moment it seems more traffic in the different build guide incl.
updating than in the past. In order not to interferre them and not to
upset new devs, I will wait a bit longer with my updates when the
current ones have settle down.

More time for me to think about structure, content and links.

Marcus