openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dmake
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:28:49 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Tarballs are at:
> 	https://github.com/jimjag/dmake/releases
> My goal was to try to combine all the flavors of dmake into one
> "canonical" version we can use.

Is there a reason for that?

So far it has been enough for us to get a specific dmake tarball from a
certain URL specified at build time. We just use that version of dmake,
without working on it any further since we have no need for that, unless
I'm missing something.

Our build is designed to succeed based only on resources under control
of the project, namely: the SVN repository; the OOoExtras site; the
Extensions site. Depending on yet another online resource (a personal
account on GitHub) seems an additional issue.

Under the assumption that this new repository is useful,
https://github.com/jimjag/dmake/commit/e9edbf3228af898e6832b4346355f1e4c9ed867a
should be fixed to include the correct name of the project.

But at this time I can't find a good reason for it, except the usual
"one new standard to unify them all" joke.

Regards,
   Andrea.