openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <legi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Become the IMAP client for documents [Re: Differentiate or Die]
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2016 03:38:29 GMT
On 17.09.2016 17:10, Xen wrote:

> I had not known about it, so thank you.
>
> I am not impressed with its looks, but they don't feature large size
> screenshots, so I don't know.
you are welcome. I was also not impressed. the last writing tool that
impressed me was Scribus. However that tool is really bad with tables.
[...]
> I don't know how much can be gained by simply using an alternative
> that is in essence, the same kind of program. I still won't have cloud
> access and will be far away from using something like Google Drive or
> OneDrive.
btw. have you tried dropbox?
they have an official Linux client.

> Migrating to a non-prominent tool for me is never a very appealing
> thing. It's the same with computer games: there are a 100.000 of them
> but only a few that really appeal. The "no name" or "B-brand" computer
> games generally are not that interesting and I wonder why companies
> even *try*. If you do something, at least try to be the best, and
> don't just copy what another has done in the hopes of some success.
>
> With computer games, this is often shown with the lack of creative story.
I recommend the documentary: indi games: the movie. Gives you an Idea on
why people do wired things.
>> I believe Open Source as such has no Market interest. They exist as
>> long as someone has the Code. Development is not the main focus.
>
> That almost sounds like it is just a storage place for projects, a
> dump place of sorts, where projects can retire ;-).
I am sure Oracle had the same thought. ;-)

All the best.
Peter