openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Merge with LibreOffice?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 17:04:34 GMT

Le 03/09/2016 à 18:47, Xen a écrit :
> OpenOffice is unusable on Linux, you can't easily install it and once installed you don't
know how to fire it up; it is not in the path, it is not in the menus, and you have to provide
this on your own, if it even works.
Not at all. I use xubuntu since several years and it's rather easy to get rid of the remnants
of LibO automatically installed and then install from the deb packages.
The desktop integration works very fine.

> Mark Shuttleworth once said on an interview how to his opinion the LibreOffice devs (that
would then split off) made the Oracle employees' lives hell. Even though Ubuntu has taken
on LibreOffice after a while, he was no fan at all of what happened.
I still don't unnderstand what happened there and why he did not support AOO instead. I may
have missed some political argument at the time of the split.

Hagar