openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merge with LibreOffice?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 19:12:27 GMT
I think OpenOffice has the larger install base even if LO has much of the Linux desktop distro
installs.
AOO is still attracting developers and other project members.
There may be a finite audience for office suites, but it is a very large audience.

Wolf Halton
Mobile/Text 678-687-6104

--
Sent from my iPhone. Creative word completion courtesy of Apple, Inc.

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 14:02, Jörg Schmidt <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>> Regardless of why or how,
>> when it comes to development, it's clear that LO has won.
>
> LO is only a fork. OO is the original and will always be the original. That's the fact.
>
>> What are your views on this?
>
> LO is the fork, not OpenOffice.
>
> We should never forget how members of TDF have members of Apache OpenOffice attacked
with words. We should never forget what lies were spread about OpenOffice so that LO is better
off.