openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.2: General Topics
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:56:05 GMT
On 24 Aug, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> On 08/24/16 10:34, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hello;

>>>   * [low priority] Updated bundled CoinMP.  There has been an API
>>>     change, which prevents the FreeBSD port from using the system
>>>     version.  Difficulty unknown ...
>>>

>> This is important, I was unaware of it. Sadly, I don't think I will
>> have time for it before the release.
>>

> A quick look at this ... FreeBSD is using version 1.8.3 which appears
> to be the latest.
>
> AOO could use the same version by default, it's just a matter of getting
> the new version to build on all platforms. I think.

Unfortunately it is not that easy.  When I was cleaning up the the
FreeBSD port a while back, I went through all of the --with-system knobs
and CoinMP was one that did not work and broke the build.  My memory is
fuzzy, but I think there was an incompatible API change.

There are some other bundled bits that have the same problem, but CoinMP
is big and takes a while to build, which is my main motivation in this
case.  ICU also falls into this category, but I already know that it is
too difficult.

It looks like the others are:
	ucpp
	mdds
	hsqldb
	libxmlsec
	stax
	rhino
	xsltml
	saxon
	icc
I do know that saxon is sort of funny case.