openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildbots update
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2016 17:58:24 GMT
On 22/07/2016 Don Lewis wrote:
> On 22 Jul, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>> I've progressed much further

Thanks Damjan for the (as usual) great progress.

>> Buildbots
>> should immediately fail the build if ./bootstrap fails
> Yes, there is no sense in continuing if bootstrap fails

Yes, sure.

>> 5 hours is pure waste. Alternatively we should find a more reliable
>> ooo-extras hosting solution than SourceForge. We could also cache
>> dependencies offline between builds, but I am guessing that has licensing
>> issues?

No, dependencies we temporarily download on a build machine are not
affected by licensing issues.

Maybe an extra parameter --cache-dir=$DIR to bootstrap would work? This
way we could setup a dedicated cache directory on the buildbots (even if
we are doing a "clean build", there is really no point in re-downloading
a file if the checksum matches).

>> showed 4 nmake processes, 2 from March 30, 2 from April 4, part of
>> orphaned trees also containing perl, sh, and dmake.

At least we could have the VM restarted to make sure we don't carry
stale processes around for months. Infra can for sure do it with minimal
effort. And access to the dedicated IRC channel for giving instructions
to buildbots might be useful too (I guess you know what I am talking
about; if not, just ask and I can look it up).

Regards,
   Andrea.