openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: spell check
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 07:05:05 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:11:28 +1000
kevin john <kev.jb@live.com> wrote:

> Your spell check does not work this is not the first time I had this problem don’t
ask me to fix this its to hard to complicated .

> Regards
> Kevin

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and
paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename
the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems

To prevent Spellcheck ceasing to work again, use the formal shutdown procedure of the operating
system and wait a few seconds after all disk activity has ceased before you hit the power
switch.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>