openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: What is the right trademark labeling for AOO
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 05:14:00 GMT
> From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
> > So Apache has the rights to "Open Office" already applied
> and it is currently only a question of bureaucracy to Apache
> receives this?
> > (With "bureaucracy" i mean only that no one blocks the
> claim of Apache legally.)
>
> Basically, yes. And it's OpenOffice, not Open Office.

You are absolutely right.
I do not know why I have written so wrong ... i fear the weather here is quite hot ;-)

> I only
> point this
> out due to confusion this has caused in the past.

Yes.

> Each country has its own trademark registration process.

In the EU you can register for a trademark at the same time for all EU-countries, see:
https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/trade-marks-in-the-european-union

The Apache Software Foundation has done, for example, for "OpenOffice.org" (yes i mean ".org"
in this case), see:

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerHABM?AKZ=008475824&CURSOR=6
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerHABM?AKZ=006552905&CURSOR=5

or see: