openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: English Dictionaries update cycle
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 23:55:36 GMT
Marcus wrote:
> Am 05/16/2016 11:46 PM, schrieb Marco A.G.Pinto:
>> The other day someone complained in the extension page that he had
>> updates all the time.
>>
>> I replied to that person saying that I do monthly updates of the British
>> speller adding 600+ words.
>
> Interesting, I wouldn't expect such a complaint for a spell checker. ;-)

[knmc]

I suspect the reason for the complaint is because the extension includes
multiple variants of the English language, but the monthly updates are
only to the British variant which is a fairly small part of the total
downloads of the English language. That leaves those that use other
variants having to upgrade the extension for little gain or to put up
with the nag every time AOO is started about there being extension
upgrades. For example I use the en-US dictionaries and the last time it
was updated was January of 2016. Since that time there have been 4
updates to the oxt file that I have had no need for.

<snip>