openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Updating APR ...
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 17:20:00 GMT
Hello;

As part of some enhancements I am preparing to generate better random
numbers, I took a look at the random number generator in SAL and
I found it's very limited.

I think even the "regular" KISS PRNG I implemented in Calc does a
better job generating random numbers but instead of moving my PRNG
to SAL I will be using the one in APR.

Looking at the SAL APIs I also think APR can replace much of that
functionality as well.

So, just to let you know, I am in the process of updating the APR
support we carry in AOO: it should be also useful for serf, and we
could use it for tomcat, which we may want to upgrade and use more
extensively in the future as well.

Pedro.