openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Open Office Writer UTTER , UTTER Rubbish (or not)
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:04:19 GMT
Darren,

OpenOffice has a long, long history. Not as long as you or me or many others here have been
programming. I think you might be surprised at the number of decades of some of the generous
contributors to AOO.

If you have the relevant C++ experience, the source code and build instructions are available.

Patches welcome!

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 13, 2016, at 6:40 AM, Darren Myers <myers_darren@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Max
>
> I am a developer in BMC / People soft  applications, 32 years and 4 months  overall experience..
>
> I shouldn't have to delete a profile and re-create it and go through that pain in order
to get the most basic function working.
> Open office need to fix this MAJOR problem.  It was an issue for users in 4.1.1 and still
in 4.1.2

> However it really doesn't matter now, I simply opened my MS doc up online and MICROSOFT!
allows you to edit and SPELL CHECK.
> Lets be honest and truthful here, Open office is inferior, and by all accounts the worst
freeware I have ever installed or used.

>> Subject: Re: Open Office Writer UTTER , UTTER Rubbish (or not)
>> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; users@openoffice.apache.org; myers_darren@hotmail.com
>> From: max.merbald@gmx.de
>> Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:27:50 +0100
>>
>> Hello Darren,
>>
>> of course it's got a spell check. And the spell check works. I've been
>> using OpenOffice for years and I never had that problem. If something on
>> OpenOffice doesn't work, delete the folder "OpenOffice" in
>> [user]/appdata/roaming and restart OpenOffice. No need to be rude, by
>> the way. (and I've been a computer user for 28 years and I can't count
>> how many times I've seen users blaming the software for their own
>> mistake when something didn't work as desired)
>>
>> Max
>>

>>> Am 13.03.2016 um 14:14 schrieb Darren Myers:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Can someone please pass this comment on to the relevant incompetent developer
who created openoffice writer..

>>> It has the a really obvious problem with the program...
>>>
>>> IT HAS NO BLOODY  SPELL CHECK!!!!!
>>>
>>> Seriously I ask you this, what IDIOT created a doc writer without the most fundamental
function????

>>> Even when installing 4.1.2 it says its selected , however NO, it just doesn't
work..

>>> I will be pulling my donations and putting money into Microsoft, where things
DO work!! albeit I will have to pay.