openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Autocprrect issue
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:25:42 GMT
Am 03/25/2016 01:39 PM, schrieb Ivan Veljkovic:
> I was wondering how can I turn off this option in OpenOffice Writer:
>
> when I put a row of dashes like this    -----------------------------------
> and then press enter, it converts them into one line. I don't want that.
> I need all those little dashes to stay separate.

as you have guessed correct, it's one of many autocorrect funtions. One
is the "Apply border" which draws a paragraph line when you enter 3 or
more dashes.

You can change this via "Tools - AutoCorrect Options" tab page "Options".

Please note that these little functions are also existing for the other
modules Calc, Draw, Impress. But a bit different depending on their
application context.

HTH

Marcus