openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Can we add the value "N/A" to the Target Milestone field
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:37:41 GMT
Am 03/22/2016 04:48 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Many interesting ideas, ...

for in the commentary.

ACK

> DONE does seem to apply to Tasks and Enhancement requests.

Right, and user requests are very often nothing else (e.g., "my document
is broken, how to repair it?").

> DECLINED also seems to apply to both Tasks and Enhancements.  It is also a counterpart
to ACCEPTED in those cases.

Yes, it doesn't indicate that there is a solution/workaround available.

@all:
It seems we could have a consensus in creating a new MANAGED or DONE
status to set when issues are no real code problems, but more
user-oriented. Finally, they were solved for the user's satisfaction
(e.g., provided how-to's or repaired documents, etc.). However, no fix
in the source code has been done.

> At qa@ Pedro Lino made some useful observations about how terms impact reporters and
observers of the Bugzilla activity.

> In respect to that, I have been using WONTFIX as a way to indicate that we have no capacity
to do anything about an issue, especially a longstanding one.  This is primarily a way of
discouraging non-project commenters arguing among themselves and to also indicate that the
issue is understood, recognized, and continued lobbying is not useful.  I think DECLINED may
be useful in some of those cases, but WONTFIX is more truthful when the project doesn't have
a way to do anything.  NOTFIXING is closer to the reality.  (CANTFIX would also indicate that
the problem is not with the issue, but with project capability at this time.)  The door is
not closed completely, but it is not clear when the door will ever be opened.

> I agree that we do need a diagram and a description of the general application of Bugzilla
categories and resolution cases.  We might also need to revisit how the search defaults work
with respect to the various categories.  This seems like a good Wiki [update] effort.  We
also don't want to split things into so many categories that application and understanding
becomes more difficult.

After we have an agreement I can take over this task to grep the data in
Wiki to consolidate and update them with the new information.

Marcus