openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we add the value "N/A" to the Target Milestone field
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:30:26 GMT

not "purely support" matters and the mailing lists are often not that helpful.  The forums
are great when an issue is curated so that users don't have to parse all the comments to figure
out what's-what.

> One thing the BZ does, if someone has figured out how to make a report, is provide issue-specific
mailings of comments back to the reporter, and that's automatic.

> Also, my view is that every BZ issue (and reports on lists and the forums) is a gift.
 Someone went to a fair amount of difficulty to make their experience known.  We should be
grateful and that should be reflected in responses.  Users are completely baffled by "NOT
AN ISSUE" when that is patently untrue in their world and I doubt it reflects well on the
project.

> Sometimes users, based on provided comments, will figure out that it may be something
they did and can avoid, or there is a feature that solves their problem.  That's great, and
the issue will not stick around and look like an open matter.  This is not the norm.  Even
so, these tell us things where we might have something more helpful in place for fielding
a particular case in the future.

I have been guilty of creating issues  for coding tasks because I like
to see SVN commits that are tied to an issue.

Examples could be an update to the netbeans plugin or adding the
bootstrap-connector to SVN, etc.

I think Resolved - Not an issue is most appropriate in these cases.

I never really asked if this is done by others.

Is this procedure used by others?

Thanks,
Carl