openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Can we add the value "N/A" to the Target Milestone field
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:26:26 GMT
Am 03/21/2016 05:10 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> On 3/21/2016 8:59 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
>> <dennis.hamilton@acm.org
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to clarify this.
>>>
>>> I think the problem might be that "Resolved - Fixed" is being used
>>> incorrectly. As far as I know, there are many cases where this
>>> resolution
>>> is used where one of "Resolved - Not an Issue" (though not too often),
>>> "Resolved - Irreproducible", "Resolved - Won't Fix", or "Resolved -
>>> Obsolete" should be used.
>>>
>>> Is that what you are seeing, Kay?
>>>

>> ​Well maybe so. In the past, I have used RESOLVED-FIXED to determine
>> what's been committed to our source, thus leading to a Target Release.
>> Yesterday, I started going through RESOLVED-FIXED items to be sure
>> some of
>> these fixed issued did have a Target Release. Some of these
>> RESOLVED-FIXED
>> issues seem to be either user support issues/questions that do not entail
>> source code corrections at all, or similar type situations. In one of the
>> cases I sited above, I think the issue originator marked it with
>> RESOLVED-FIXED, and really i don't know if this was the right thing to do
>> or not.
>>
>> So, we can use the new NONE (thank you Marcus!) as the Target Release, or
>> do something else to ignore these types of issues for verification in a
>> build.
>> The problem is stemming from the use of BZ as both a code centric problem
>> reporting mechanism and a user support tool.
>
> I don't think it should be marked RESOLVED-FIXED unless it was actually
> fixed, and therefore has a release in which the fix first appears. To
> me, RESOLVED-FIXED with a target release of NONE is self-contradictory.
>
> What is the objection to changing the resolution to reflect reality?

no real objection, just the fact there is no other status available to
indicate that the issue was resolved successfully. ;-)

> For example, if it was a user support issue that does not entail a
> source code correction, shouldn't it be marked RESOLVED - NOT_AN_ISSUE
> rather than RESOLVED - FIXED with a target date of NONE?

Hm, no. NOT_AN_ISSUE is also not correct as actually it was solved. But
not in the code. So, I would suggest another status to reflect this
(e.g., RESOLVED - resolved).

But it's OK to set the target to a value other that a version number to
make it really visible.

Marcus