openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Max Merbald <max.merb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Open Office Writer UTTER , UTTER Rubbish (or not)
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:27:50 GMT
Hello Darren,

of course it's got a spell check. And the spell check works. I've been
using OpenOffice for years and I never had that problem. If something on
OpenOffice doesn't work, delete the folder "OpenOffice" in
[user]/appdata/roaming and restart OpenOffice. No need to be rude, by
the way. (and I've been a computer user for 28 years and I can't count
how many times I've seen users blaming the software for their own
mistake when something didn't work as desired)

Max

Am 13.03.2016 um 14:14 schrieb Darren Myers:
> Hello
>
> Can someone please pass this comment on to the relevant incompetent developer who created
openoffice writer..

> It has the a really obvious problem with the program...
>
> IT HAS NO BLOODY  SPELL CHECK!!!!!
>
> Seriously I ask you this, what IDIOT created a doc writer without the most fundamental
function????

> Even when installing 4.1.2 it says its selected , however NO, it just doesn't work..
>
> I will be pulling my donations and putting money into Microsoft, where things DO work!!
albeit I will have to pay.