openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Python unicode support - UCS2 vs UCS4 - on Linux
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 01:57:38 GMT
Hi Michael;

The message was meant for some other committer that may want to try it.
We could change it fairly easily for all UNIX/Linux variants.

OTOH, we may want to keep consistency in the Windows port as well.
Maintaining compatibility with the local python is not as important as
keeping compatibility among platforms. Of course, this is something
that has to be evaluated/discussed.

If building by yourself, it is simply preferable to use the system python
instead of spending disk space and compile time on another version.

Pedro.