openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Adding Blog Authors (was RE: Apache OpenOffice Templates and Extensions new sites)
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 19:57:16 GMT
Am 03/09/2016 08:27 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I note that<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11130>  has made no progress.

oh dear. I'll notify Infra in a more direct way after this mail.

> I also notice that my blogs.apache.org Roller account has a different password than my
ASF User ID account. (My Apache ID is used as my Roller Username.  I don't think that is a
requirement).

> When I log in I see a list of blogs I can edit, manage, or configure.  The only blog
that is listed is the Apache OpenOffice one and I am shown as having AUTHOR permissions.

> Since this was all created when we were incubating and I think Rob Weir took care of
it, I have no idea what the ceremony is.

The Apache ID has to be added to the list and then - as admin - you can
set the access permissions, e.g., author.

> Marcus, do you have MANAGE privileges or something different than AUTHOR?

I've admin access.

> There seems to be a chicken-and-egg problem.  I see no means to sign up via a blog-page
form, so someone must seed the account with AUTHOR permissions for<https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/>.

Current admins are asfadmin (likey an Infra account), wave and me.

> I have added a comment to the JIRA INFRA request.
>
> If anyone has insight on how to activate an author, please say so.  Also, do we know
how to have administrative permission for the OOo blog?

Normally:
- Login as admin
- On "Preferences - Members" add the mail address of the person
- Send an invitation
- The person accepts the invitation (via a link? I don't know)
- Now set the needed permissions
- Done

However, I was not successful in adding a mail address. Therefore the
ticket for Infra.

Marcus

Ciao

Marcus