openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues building Apache OOo from source on Debian Jessie
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:01:07 GMT
Michael Palmer wrote:
> I just tried to build Apache OOo (current SVN trunk, checked out last
> night) from source. I generated the main/configure script and started

Good! Welcome to OpenOffice.

> Questions/issues:
> 1. I noticed that the options
> --disable-odk, --disable-gnome-vfs, and --disable-gtk, while described
> in the help, failed with
> -disable-gtk: command not found

Strange. Can you paste the exact syntax you used to call configure? This
seems like a wrong concatenation of options. You can also share your
config.log file on pastebin or similar site. I've tried adding
"--disable-gtk" to my options for ./configure and configure ran
successfully.

> 2. I rather would not build all of Openoffice; I only want to fix the
> included Python interpreter and pyuno library.

The build system is complex, to say it nicely, and I can't help you with
partial builds. Maybe someone else will have something to say on this.

> Since the OOo build system already contains a
> --with-system-python flag, would it be possible to set that flag for
> compiling the Debian packages?

Our policy for the Linux binaries we release through the openoffice.org
site is to limit system dependencies to the bare minimum. The binaries
we ship will thus be self-contained enough for running on virtually
every Linux distribution.

Regards,
   Andrea.