openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Profile.c bugs (was RE: Some thoughts on the learning curve)
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 01:43:28 GMT

the profile code should be unreachable.

I have found a file main/sal/util/sal.map that begins with:

UDK_3_0_0 {
     global:
         GetVersionInfo;
         osl_acceptConnectionOnSocket;
         osl_acceptPipe;
         osl_acquireSocket;
         osl_acquirePipe;
         osl_acquireMutex;
         osl_acquireSemaphore;
         osl_addSignalHandler;
         osl_addToSocketSet;
         osl_assertFailedLine;
         osl_bindAddrToSocket;
         osl_breakDebug;
         osl_checkCondition;
         osl_clearSocketSet;
         osl_closeDirectory;
         osl_closePipe;
         osl_closeProfile;

and goes on to mention several other profile.c /osl_.*Profile.*/
function names in the same list.

Unfortunately, I am seeing some indications that "UDK" relates to UNO.

At the worst, the deprecation just means that other modules are supposed
to access the profile only through UNO, not by including the header file
and calling the functions directly.

Patricia