openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: difficulty opening OPEN OFFICE
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 07:56:36 GMT
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 22:39:58 -0600
Herb Eichner <heichner2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Open Office;
> Mon. Mar. 14/2016
> I am no longer able to open “open office” on my iMac Desktop computer. My WebBrowser
is Safari. Once it was easy to do my documents work, and could copy & past into your pages,
but now when I try I am told “OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified
developer.” What is this? Is there something wrong with it? Or is it incompatible with apple
or Safari? Is there an easy fix, or do I have to find another Word program? Please advise.
> Thanks; Herb Eichner of heichner2@gmail.com

See the following about the GateKeeper message on Macs

AOO Release Notes
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

OS X: About GateKeeper
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290