openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's fix the Windows build bots
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 03:39:14 GMT
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:43 AM, j.nitschke@ok.de <j.nitschke@ok.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:07:33 -0800 Kay Schenk wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Damjan Jovanovic <damjan@apache.org>
> > wrote:
>
> >> I think the latter is true: it's re-entering them because they broke the
> >> build.
> >>
> >> Yesterday jpeg failed to download and broke the build, and today nss
> failed
> >> to download and also broke the build. Why are downloads often failing
> >> during ./bootstrap? Can we get a local mirror or cache external
> >> dependencies somehow? Also, why does ./bootstrap seem to return an exit
> >> code of 0 when needed dependencies can't be downloaded, and why is
> >> haltOnFailure=False for the Windows buildbots but True for other
> platforms?
> >>
> > ‚ÄčNo idea about this setting. You might look at the svn logs for our
> config
> > to see if there's any information there. Otherwise, just change it if you
> > feel inclined.
> Not sure if you are talking about a global setting or just for the
> 'build.pl --all' step.
> But a global haltOnFailure would stop the build at 'svn info' step.

I meant just for the ./bootstrap step.

> About the 'svn info' step, this one stopped working between 27.07.2015
> and 03.08.2015 as one can see in the snapshot builds #7 and #8 which run
> exact the same command but later fails.
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7snap/builds/7
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7snap/builds/8

The error on
https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/159/steps/svn%20info/logs/stdio
is:

'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

As of r979234 I started running "svn info" under Cygwin like is already
done for "svn co". Let's see if it helps. Is there some way to request an
immediate rebuild?