openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Myers" <jjantel...@gmail.com>
Subject A Complaint
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 05:35:03 GMT
     I installed the Open Office 4.1 thinking I was doing a good thing ---
just adding a processing program that was cheaper than Word. Now
I regret it and I am more than angry.  I am furious.  Before loading
Open Office 4.1, I had and was using Star Writer (from Sun).  I was
using that particular program because it let me do things "outside
the box".

      I am a writer and I had hundreds of manuscript pages stored
onto my computer.  In addition to that there were many records
and account pages stored in Star Writer.  I don't use a template
for my account pages.  I do my own so that I can get more on
one page.  Some of my documents were written  for children's
books and did not fit any normal template because the words
went around some of the illustrations. Not any more.  I will need
to make corrections on hundreds of documents and that will take
me many hours and many days.

     When I installed Open Office  my Star Writer program completely
disappeared out of my computer.  Who gave you the right to destroy
my property that I paid for?  And when I called up my records,
they had gone crazy. The lines and numbers were scattered all over
to fit some Open Office template, I presume.  What was one page is
now 5 pages and all my formatting is gone.

     To describe my emotions toward Open Office as RAGE is putting it
mildly.  The Open Office 3.1 tolerated Star Writer.  I had installed
both and used both.  Why did you change it?  Why is Open Office 4.1 so
intolerant and oppressive?  Also, why can't Open Office offer the
option of NO AUTOMATIC SETTINGS or FUNCTIONS?  People like me
who have their own ideas should be able to work outside the box
if they want to, but still be able to forward the program or store the
program as an Open Office document.